Saturday, November 20, 2010

I want to try linux, but i don't want to just completely change my os. How do I do it?

so how do i? i'm running vista, and i have the ubuntu disk.I want to try linux, but i don't want to just completely change my os. How do I do it?
Put the disc in the drive, reboot the computer. It will run from the disc. Keep in mind, that running from the CD is rather slower then running from a hard disk, so don't judge the speed of the system based on it.I want to try linux, but i don't want to just completely change my os. How do I do it?
You could set up your computer as a dual boot system, though this takes some work. If you're just looking to sample Linux, I'd suggest Knoppix. It's a version of Linux that runs from a CD. There's nothing to install, and it doesn't affect your current setup.

http://www.knoppix.org/
Just order an Ubuntu Live CD. You can run it straight off the disc and see how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment