Monday, November 22, 2010

How to transfer My Documents from Drive C: to Drive D:?

i change OS from Windows XP to Windows 7.I have partition but my problem is that the Windows 7 created a new My Documents folder and it is located in Drive C:.I Want to locate that in Drive D: I need step by step procedure in changing it. ThanksHow to transfer My Documents from Drive C: to Drive D:?
Consider the simple copy and paste technique that is commonly used in many operations. If that doesn't work I can't advise further because I do not have Windows 7 program.How to transfer My Documents from Drive C: to Drive D:?
Using Windows copy and paste is only good as long as no problems occur during the copy operation. You want to use the more robust ';robocopy'; program available from Microsoft's Windows 2003 Resource Kit, linked below. Robocopy will continue to copy if there are errors with files being opened, corrupt, etc.



Robocopy uses a command line to copy files and most people don't even know what a command line is, let alone how to use it. Follow the second link to download and use a graphical interface to Robocopy and you won't have to learn the command line version. The file you want to download is at the bottom of the article.



Best of luck,

WG
use the dos command like this, c:/copy doc*.*/d: enter. This shortcut command transfer a file from c: to D: or use the copy paste.
right click my documents on the desktop to change there
copy paste? I don't see your problem here...

No comments:

Post a Comment