Monday, November 22, 2010

I have sony vaio VGN-N220E with vista. Want to migrate from Vista to XP. How to get drivers?

My laptop is Sony VAIO VGN-N220E with Vista Home. I want to change OS to XP. But I don't have any driver CD. How can I get drivers of Chipset-motherboard, sound, monitor, DVD-ROM all necessary devices and hardware? Pls some one help me out.I have sony vaio VGN-N220E with vista. Want to migrate from Vista to XP. How to get drivers?
What I would do, is get the XP installation going, then on ANOTHER computer, download the drivers. You should be able to get them from Sony's download center. Make sure the XP disk you have is the ';Full Version';. You can't use ';upgrade';, considering the fact that it wouldn't be true.



Hope this helps.

-ABC :)I have sony vaio VGN-N220E with vista. Want to migrate from Vista to XP. How to get drivers?
Back up your whole hard drive, and just install XP. If the drivers that come with XP don't suffice, then you will have to search around the internet. I would write down your current hardware configuration in vista as well. Unfortunately some hardware is vista only right now, so you may have to go with generic drivers or none at all in rare cases.



With your HDD backed up, you can always go back if things don't work out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment