Saturday, November 20, 2010

Can I change back to Linux fom Xp on my Asus eee 900pc?

I bought an asus eee 900 20gb from Hong Kong and got windows xp loaded. but i can't get sound to work, and don't really need the xp as i have another laptop with it loaded as well as a mac G5 and a powerbook. really only wanted the eee for travelling light and with Linux the kids could enjoy it too. So does anyone know how and if i can change Os back?

Eee came with Linux recovery dvd and support cd for xp(not tried either) No time yet! Or how to get sound to work?Can I change back to Linux fom Xp on my Asus eee 900pc?
Yes you can install Linux back on thier with that DVD it came with or you can install or you can install an Ubuntu Linux optimized for the EEE and is much more feature rich.



http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubunt



The drivers for Windows can be found on Asus's website and has newer versions than what is on the CD.



Personally I use tiny XP which is a modified Windows XP on mine, fits down to less than half a gig with full functionality.Can I change back to Linux fom Xp on my Asus eee 900pc?
definitely yes, go for it
';Eee came with Linux recovery dvd and support cd for xp (not tried either)';



Make the time!!! And RTFM.

No comments:

Post a Comment