Monday, November 22, 2010

How do I change my OS from one hard drive to another?

Ok so I have my OS on my master hard drive C which is 8GB and I just got a new larger hard drive with the same OS on it and I think it works fine. I just want all my settings and updates to be on that OS can I just copy all the data over and switch master/slave?How do I change my OS from one hard drive to another?
Yes, you can make the bigger drive as your Master/bootable drive. However, to be bootable, the OS on that drive should be an installed OS and not just a copied OS from the old drive.How do I change my OS from one hard drive to another?
youre running windows xp on both? doesnt that mean oyu already moved the os to the new one? you oculd transfer files on CDs or somehting usb external hard drive

No comments:

Post a Comment