Monday, November 22, 2010

How can i change which os to boot from in a dual boot system?

So I decided to install Windows XP on another drive on a computer that has Windows Vista pre-installed. Each time I start my comp. it starts on windows XP. How can i change the boot drive so the other drive that I'm running Vista on starts up?





I have no prob with XP it's just that when i installed it, there were no drivers that came with it so i cannot connect to the internet. If anyone can help out with that then please do.How can i change which os to boot from in a dual boot system?
If I understand you correctly then you will need to use BCDEdit to change the boot configuration



1) start the Vista system and log on.

2) Start a command prompt as an administrator

3) In command prompt type

bcdedit /default {current}

No comments:

Post a Comment