Saturday, November 20, 2010

Changing OS from Vista to XP?

Ok, so I want to change my OS from Vista to XP, but I'm concerned I'm going to mess something up. I'm using an HP and I heard there were a lot of issues changing my OS with this type of computer.



1.) If I change my OS, can I go back to Vista later?



2.) Will I kill my computer changing my OS?



3.) How do I change my OS? I've read a lot on it but i'm still confused.. There seems to be a lot of ways to change it.Changing OS from Vista to XP?
You must buy a Windows XP installation disc to install it onto your computer. Make sure you save the Vista disc that your computer came with in case you ever want to switch back (you have to reinstall Vista to switch back).Changing OS from Vista to XP?
1) Get an XP install disk

2) Backup all your data - installing windows xp will require a full format of your hard drive

3) Stick the XP cd in and restart

4) When asked choose to boot from CD and follow the install instructions

5) Go Windows Update and download all the updates and drivers

6) Restore your files from backup

No comments:

Post a Comment