Saturday, November 20, 2010

How to install ubuntu on to my computer? (different from other closely related questions)?

I am trying to change one of my computers from a old windows ME to ubuntu, but have failed trying. I have downloaded the iso and burned it onto a cd. I have already used the cd on another computer and have successfully changed os's with the cd, but I can't seem to be able to find out how to get to that screen that says what to boot from like my other one did.



Please help.

Thank you!How to install ubuntu on to my computer? (different from other closely related questions)?
Use Wubi to install Ubuntu from your Windows ME installation. It makes installing Ubuntu easy as pie. Also you will be able to uninstall Ubuntu from Windows ME. You can download it from here: http://wubi-installer.org/index.php



Maybe your cdrom drive isn't working properly or the boot sequence in the bios is wrong (bypassing the cdrom booting and going traight to booting from your harddrive) .

No comments:

Post a Comment