Monday, November 22, 2010

How to change Mac OS X 10.2.8 to windows XP? in Imac G3?

Hi, I was thinking of doing this with boot camp but boot camp is only in Mac OS 10.5 so what should I do?How to change Mac OS X 10.2.8 to windows XP? in Imac G3?
You can't easily do it, but it can be done. You can't change the MacOs X to Windows XP, but you can add it. (Why you would want to do it is beyond me though). First you need a Windows emulator, the best one to get is Virtual PC. It hasn't been made in a while, you can get an old copy on eBay. Then you put your own legal copy of XP on the Mac. You will need at least 512 mb of ram for this to work. You'll have both MacOs X and Windows XP, but they will run a bit slow. Bootcamp is only for Intel Macs.How to change Mac OS X 10.2.8 to windows XP? in Imac G3?
I may be wrong about this, but I believe the iMac G3 is a PPC processor. In otherwords, you can't put windows on there. Windows will only run on an x86 processor (yes, they started using PC processors, heaven forbid that be made clear though)



Ubuntu linux works for it though! If you have the RAM for OS X then you should have enough for that.



Err... I meant to say I might be wrong to say they _all_ are. I know they normally are PPC, and it probably won't work.
you must install boot camp first to be able to install windows on any mac if you have a pre intel mac this will not work. however you can eluminate windows with virtual PC software.
  • bird
  • layered hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment