Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I retrieve my files on a computer after I change the OS?

I just switched from Windows XP to Linux. I've been checking, but I can't find any remnants of the files that used to be on here. XP got a pretty bad virus, so the files are probably corrupted, but they should still be here somewhere. I'm using the same Hard Drive, and I never deleted anything.



Where should I look to find my old stuff?!? I had pictures and Word Documents that mean a lot to me and are completely irreplacable.How do I retrieve my files on a computer after I change the OS?
Young grass hopper you should have thought of the files before hand. Should of would could of backed them up to an external hard drive or thumb drive. Linux will reformated the system completely and wipe out anything you had. Gone, gone, gone.
  • Free quilt patterns for baskets
  • school nurse needing advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment