Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How do I change the OS's listed on the selection screen?

Hi, I've been doing something wrong in the installation of Windows 7 and now I have 6 OS's listed on the Operating System selection screen, but I only want to keep 2 of them. How do I remove the ones I don't want?

I have an EVGA Motherboard, if that helps. I can't seem to find it on the actual selection screen, but maybe I'm missing something?How do I change the OS's listed on the selection screen?
You need to edit the bootloader.



http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/libra



This article should explain it. I would say if you are a novice user this isn't the safest thing in the world to do; you will want to delete each boot entry one by one until you are left with the right one only - be warned though if you delete the right one by accident you won't be able to boot windows, your PC will be bricked and you will have to do a complete clean install of Windows 7 again.

No comments:

Post a Comment