Monday, November 22, 2010

How can I change the OS of my PC from Microsoft Windows XP Professional to Windows XP SP2?

The OS that was installed by the technician in my PC was Windows XP Professional after it was reformatted. In order to upgrade my AVG antivirus, I was prompted to upgrade my OS to SP2. Do I need to reformat again the PC in order to install SP2? Is it true that I need to reinstall all the softwares and drivers? Please someone help me with a detailed step by step instructions on how to reformat and change my OS. I am an amateur in this kind of thing. Thanks!How can I change the OS of my PC from Microsoft Windows XP Professional to Windows XP SP2?
Windows Updates should install SP2 automatically (or manually, if Automatic updates is turned off) UNLESS your copy of XP Pro is an illegal version.



This may be the REAL problem.



If so, rip your technician a ';new one'; and buy a legal copy of XP, if your PC didn't include Recovery Disks.



Then, AVG will behave.How can I change the OS of my PC from Microsoft Windows XP Professional to Windows XP SP2?
just go to windowsupdate.microsoft.com, install any prerequisite updates, and then eventually you'll get the option to install servicepack 2 (it may go right past that to sp3, but you'll need to decide if you want to go with that since a small percentage of people have reported problems with it).
you won't need to re-install any drivers or software, just install service pack 2 and everything should work just fine
here is what you need for sp2: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/d
  • favorite baby names
  • is there a lestateboomover
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment