Monday, November 22, 2010

Change my OS back to XP Pro from Vista Ultimate?

Iv Installed Ultimate on my laptop its a Freevents and i think its the biggest mistake iv made with computers over the last 5 yrs but now i carnt get XP back on iv got no boot disk cus when i brought the latop 6 months ago i was told that it was all on a hidden partition on my HD. Iv gone in to the system files and checked tryed to change the boot up OS but XP is no longer there on Vista any ideas on how to grt rid of this nightmare OS that nothin is compatable with?????Change my OS back to XP Pro from Vista Ultimate?
Vista is not the best of the products out there.



However, by reading your question, I think you are stuck with it, as probably the new operating system formatted and repartitioned the whole drive.



You will need to get a new copy of Windows XP, if you dont have a backup disk of sorts.Change my OS back to XP Pro from Vista Ultimate?
Call the manufacturer and see if you can order a boot disk. Otherwise, you might just have to buy XP ..I tried Vista but went back to XP myself
If you go to software4download.com you can download XP Pro complete with Product Key for US$53. I did 3-4 weeks ago
What problems are you having with Vista? I've been running it since it came out as I managed to buy a new laptop that week and had no choice.



I've leant to work with it and actually it's fine - all software I use has installed OK with no problems (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator etc), and the things I have had trouble with (like the software for my mobile and minidisc player), the companies concerned have emailed me new versions which are compatible with Vista. Even free stuff like Open Office works a treat. You do have to make sure to use Vista via an administrators account and turn off all the security settings or it won't let you do anything.



if you really want to get rid of it you'll most likely have to uninstall the OS and get discs for XP. You should have made yourself backup discs before installing Vista!
reformate your laptop and install XP again

No comments:

Post a Comment