Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why my PC reboots by itself sporadically?

Hello I have a IBM PC Netvista Mtype 8306 (or something like that) with Windows UE.



I've recently formatted my parent's PC because it was too slow and reboots by itself. So I change the OS from XP to Windows UE (which basically is the same).

Everything was fine, but then the PC rebooted by itself again, so I realized the problem wasn't related with the Windows, and I began to think it was a hardware problem.

A friend of my father told him, there could be some viruses which weren't deleted with the format.

Do you think it's a virus problem? How can I eliminate those viruses and where are they? I have AVAST antivirus.



I turned the pc on and check the RAM usage (because it has 128 MB, and it would be a cause of the slowness), but I realized it was using 68 MB of RAM and was very slow. When I get some money I will buy a memory for my parent's PC but now I want to fix this problem. Also the navigator is very slow (it's firefox 3).



Thanks a lot!Why my PC reboots by itself sporadically?
Sporadic reboots usually indicate a failing or overloaded power supply.

Another possibility is overheating of components.

Why my PC reboots by itself sporadically?
Everything is wiped out when you format, nothing is left over. It could be that something is overheating or going bad.
Get a can of compressed air and clean it out

Delete programs that you don't use

Run disk defrag

XP will really struggle running on 128

Download and run spybot and superantispyware
Older AMD CPU? I had this happen to me and replaced everything bit by bit till I hit the CPU. I檝e been told this can be a problem with the older ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment