Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Hi i changed the os of my notebook and now all the drivers are gone....................?

luckily i found a lot of them on the acer support site but am unable to find the driver for my DVD drive. my notebook asks for drivers and isn't playing any DVDs............ by the way i am using an acer aspire 3690 notebook.. Also please tell me how do i find out about my DVD drive??? (as in the info)Hi i changed the os of my notebook and now all the drivers are gone....................?
Start%26gt;Right-click on My Computer%26gt;Left-click on Properties, (Left-click from now on unless otherwise stated)%26gt;Hardware tab%26gt;Device Manager.



When Device Manager loads%26gt;Click on the + sign next to DVD/CD-ROM drives. The name and model number of your DVD drive will be right there.



Go to the DVD drive manufacturers website, download the drivers appropriate to the O/S you're runnin'.Hi i changed the os of my notebook and now all the drivers are gone....................?
we need to know what 2 operating systems both the old 1 and the new 1. if the new 1 is windows 7 beta there probably are not any drivers published yet for your dvd drive. any other windows op sys should have them and automatically install them. are you sure your dvd drive even works?

No comments:

Post a Comment