Tuesday, September 13, 2011

I changed my OS from vista to xp on my compaq presario 6500. and lost LAN drivers. how to retrieve them.?

last year i brought a compaq presario 6500. That very day i have changed the OS from Vista(it came with the laptop preloaded) to XP. i lost sound and LAN drivers(including the bluetooth and wireles LAN ones) somehow i managed sound drivers and using the data cable for internet connection. but i want to retrieve the lost LAN drivers. i tried all means such as the compaq site and the service centre to get the drivers loaded but cannot get them. can there be a sure shot way of getting them back? please help me in this regard. thanksI changed my OS from vista to xp on my compaq presario 6500. and lost LAN drivers. how to retrieve them.?
You can also look at who manufactured the NIC and download the drivers from thier site. Instead of trying to get them from compaq's site, also HP owns Compaq I believe so why not try searching for drivers on hp.com? Chances are they'll have what you're looking for. If not, again go to the menufacturer's site to download themI changed my OS from vista to xp on my compaq presario 6500. and lost LAN drivers. how to retrieve them.?
the only way is to ask the dealer to provide drivers from whom u purchased..compaq does not provide driver back up cds unlike other companies..

No comments:

Post a Comment