Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What do I have to change on my computer to play an MMO?

I recently set my computer back to factory default, and upon reinstalling my old programs, I installed an MMO I used to play. However, it constantly says ';failed to connect the server'; when I try to log in. I submitted a ticket to the game people, and they said it wasn't a problem on their end.

Can someone please tell me how to configure my computer so that I can connect?



It's an HP Pavillion Notebook

OS is Windows Vista Home Premium

Anti virus is Avast!

The game is Metin2



I've already gone into Windows Firewall and allowed the program. Do I need to mess with my router or open certain ports?What do I have to change on my computer to play an MMO?
Try to reset your router.



Then why not try another browser-based MMO game like Free Realms or something (you can find a bunch here: http://www.allmmos.com) to see if it is the connection that is blocked. If it doesn't connect is probably is. It is definitely not something with your PC.
  • pc or mac
  • horses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment