Tuesday, September 13, 2011

No Audio Output Device installed after changing my os to windows 7 with toshiba laptop?

Yeah so I changed my OS from XP to Windows 7.. . The model of my laptop is Toshiba Satellite L100... Everything is working perfectly except the sounds... It has that red circle with white x on my audio icon... I found from other sites that I should choose realtek and I just got that installed from my Windows update... Here are the steps I've already done:



Control panel%26gt;sounds%26gt;manage sounds

My computer%26gt;manage%26gt;device manager%26gt;disable enable on the high definition audio device



I don't know how to solve this :(



Help please! 10 points for the best answer! Thanks!No Audio Output Device installed after changing my os to windows 7 with toshiba laptop?
There is no need to uninstall anything, Just Go to:



http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/generic/SUPPORT_PORTAL/



choose your laptop then download ';Audio'; driver then install it and it will work fine.No Audio Output Device installed after changing my os to windows 7 with toshiba laptop?
Hi,

You need to Uninstall and Reinstall your Audio Sound Drivers for your system so please do this:-

From your desktop start menu,

Go start %26gt; run then type “DEVMGMT.MSC” (type it in small case) then press the enter key.

Your system device manager will now open.

Look for a “Yellow / Question Marks” next to your Audio %26amp; Sound Settings.



Important, only do this next part if your drivers show as a “Yellow?” O.K, if it’s not showing a yellow? Then you have other problems.



Now right click and select “Uninstall” (trust me this is correct)

Click “Yes” you are sure

Then reboot your system.

As your system boots up and it gets past your load windows page, windows will detect your “Audio %26amp; Sound” card etc, and auto starts “the new hardware Wizard” which will then install the correct drivers for your system.



If you go to your maker web site and download the latest drivers for your system, then save them to a new folder called “New_Drivers” etc, when the wizard asks for a disc just point it at your new drivers folder.



Now go to your Player and listen to all your tracks again.



P.S

The best “Free Player” is the VLC Player (it’s great and will play all types of Vid’s and Music file types as the correct codec files are built in already).

Don’t forget to install the player and then reboot before you use it.

Links:-

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Hi there hmm ok a red circle with a line a through it means it's muted checked that first, I've just did some research for you at the toshiba site and I wasn't able to find the model L100 the closest they have to do that model is 100CS which doesn't have sound drivers for windows 7 %26gt;%26lt; for your audio. The other one i found is the L300 model they have audio drivers for windows 7:



http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/…



Have a look at the site yourself, if you have any further issues or any other issues just ring up Toshiba and do a direct inquiry over the phone.



Good luck :)
  • how to move on with your life
  • vb
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment