Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Changing from Windows 2000 to Ubuntu 8.04 LS and keeping my charter modem (through USB port)?

I am thinking of changing my OS to Ubuntu and i am wondering, if i change it, will i be able to keep my charter router connected to the USB port, since my computer doesn't have a Ethernet port, and i am not planning to have to have to buy a new port, and, how hard is it to install Ubuntu?Changing from Windows 2000 to Ubuntu 8.04 LS and keeping my charter modem (through USB port)?
It should work, yes. And Ubuntu is very easy to install, probably one of the easiest of the Linux distributions. But make sure all your hardware can support Ubuntu because I made the mistake before of installing it without verifying and it turned out that my graphics card wasn't compatible with the OS, and I was stuck with an X server error .

No comments:

Post a Comment