Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change my windows 7 OS from 32 bit to 64 bit OS?

When I upgraded from vista to windows 7 it asked me me if vista was installed as 32 bit or 64 bit and as it was instaled as 32 bit I picked 32 bit, but then it didn't give me an option of installing windows 7 as 64 bit it just installed it as a 32 bit OS. Can anyone tell me how I can change my system from 32 bit to 64 bit with out having to set it back to factory setting and going through all that again???How do I change my windows 7 OS from 32 bit to 64 bit OS?
You will probably need to buy the 64bit version. There is no setting to change a system to 64bit from 32bit. Since you were upgrading from Vista, and Vista was 32bit, you will most likely not be able to just go back and select 64bit as this may cause some issues.How do I change my windows 7 OS from 32 bit to 64 bit OS?
You'll have to do a fresh install; you can't switch from 32 bit to 64 bit, sadly.
is your computer a 64 bit system? if not then you can't install windows 64 bit on it....
There are 2 totally different CD's for 32 bit and 64 bit. If you want 64 bit, you need to have a 64 bit processor. Also 64 bit is ONLY better if you have 4 GB RAM or more. If you have less than 4 GB RAM, stick with 32 bit.



64 bit has far less applications to use, such as firefox doesnt have flash player.



32 bit is better application wise, but is bad with more than 4 GB RAM.



64 bit can handle the more RAM better and use it more efficiently and faster.



But the answer to your question would be that you need a new CD that has Windows 7 64 bit on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment