Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Vista OS Recovery Disk !PLEASE HELP!?

Okay, I was planning on changing my OS, my friend said it would be best to make a disk of my vista OS so that if something happens and it wipes my factory OS, I will have the OS backed-up. Does anyone know how to do this? I have a vista laptop so it did not come with any disks because it is all on the hard drive. So is there a folder or something where the vista OS is located so I can back it up?



ThanksVista OS Recovery Disk !PLEASE HELP!?
On most modern laptops there will be a hidden partition containing the installation files, only some manufacturers, such as eMachines; still use DVD/CD media for the recovery disks. This partiton shouldn't get touched when you install a new OS, but to be safe you should back it up.



Your best bet is to use a partition manager/copying program such as partition magic, Norton ghost or similar to back it up to an external hard disk.



AS nod32 quit rightly states you should also think about backing up all of your data files and documents prior to upgrading, just incase something goes amiss and the harddrive gets reformatted.Vista OS Recovery Disk !PLEASE HELP!?
Vista OS , you must purchase the cd .

i think what your friend meant is that you back up you data ( music , picture ... etc ) so if you had to format your laptop you won't lose your data.

No comments:

Post a Comment