Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Should I use linux? I basically use my computer for daily office work, creational tools, gaming, multimedia.?

I want to change my os to linux.

Is linux fast ?

Will all the softwares requiring directx run(autodesk, games)?

How about using it for multimedia(movies, music)

are there softwares for linux like there are for microsoft eg word,access, excel, powerpoint ?





please helpShould I use linux? I basically use my computer for daily office work, creational tools, gaming, multimedia.?
Linux is fast. There are several programs for Multimedia, Music, Movies, etc. As someone has said, OpenOffice is pretty good for all your office needs.

As of me, right now I have a Laptop with only 120GB, I partitioned it and assigned 30GB to Linux and 90 to WinXP. So far it's worked pretty good. I'd recommend you to do something like that.

Use Partition Magic which does a great job at Partitioning and not loosing your data (however back your data up just in case).

I have used OpenSUSE, Fedora 9 and Ubuntu, as a matter of personal preference I sticked to Fedora because of how easy it's to install software and some other things.Should I use linux? I basically use my computer for daily office work, creational tools, gaming, multimedia.?
Linux is fast, relatively speaking.



Check your software or look up how to make Windows based games work in Unix. I have yet to find a game I like that i cannot run in Ubuntu.



There are plenty of Multimedia programs for Unix, Ubuntu comes with full featured players for music and movies.



Openoffice.org for ALL your office needs.



Allow yourself some time before making the switch, perhaps making your system dual bootable at first before switching permanently. Any distribution that you choose to install is going to take some getting used to.
Hi

linux is a business software , But you could use it for anything. Try it you could always uninstall it if you dont like how it works.

Let us no how the out come is.

No comments:

Post a Comment