Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How can i gain full access on a partition made from vista now that i changed my OS to XP?

here is the deal,vista was installed on my C: and i created a partition to use as an extra storage D: but vista did not work out fine for me because of some permission issues so i formatted my C: and changed my OS to XP Sp3. everything is fine except that every time i try to delete or rename a file from D: a message prompt ';cannot delete file,access is denied, make sure that the disk is not full or write-protected or the file is not in used';. i can open my files from D: or even add more files on it,i just cant delete,rename and move the files. please tell me what im supposed to do because i want to have full access on my files. im the only user of my computer.How can i gain full access on a partition made from vista now that i changed my OS to XP?
right click on any directory or partition you cannot access, then select properties and security - then give yourself permission.



if you dont have the security tab, you need to disable simple file sharing



the reason this occurs is due to the partition being NTFS, this then maintains its previous securityHow can i gain full access on a partition made from vista now that i changed my OS to XP?
i thought d drive was the dvd/cd drive
i know this problem the only solution is delete all the partition then make a new one :O, oh well start to format now! again!
  • How to recycle an old comforter
  • Will using skin so soft bath oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment