Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do i change my imac back from classic os 9?

I just recently changed it and when i booted it back up it was classic os 9(which is extremely ugly) how can i get i get my regular os 9.0.4 back to its original state i dont have the installation discs i ordered it online please help!!How do i change my imac back from classic os 9?
By ';classic'; do you mean you installed OS 10 and are using the ';Classic'; OS 9 setting,(9.2.2) or did you update to a later OS 9 like 9.2.1? In OS 10's ';Classic OS 9 mode, under ';FILE'; select ';Control Panels'; and click on ';Appearance';. I can't remember if the ';Control Panel'; selection was under the ';File'; or under the APPLE in the original OS 9. I have some older Macs running 9.2.1, but they are used as servers and I haven't looked at them in a while. Mac dependability. I leave them unattended and running 24/7 without even needing to do maintenance. (I'm on the road away from home, so I can't walk over and check right now. Sorry.)



Either way, opening the ';Appearance'; Control Panel allows customizing your desk top's looks. I agree that the basic OS 9 gray desktop is really blah! (reminds me of OS 6 on my old Mac Plus' 9'; black and white screen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment