Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How to change the boot OS order!??!!!?!?

i have windows 7 and fedora 12 (Constantine) dual booting on a dell optiplex gx280. its 32 bit with 2gigs ram, is that even matters. when my computer boots up, it goes into the gnome boot and start the fedora countdown. every time have to scroll down to windows 7 and that a pain in the @$$.:P how can i change this? and also it be great to know if i could shrink my windows7 partition more beacause i could only free 5.8gigs for fedora and that horrible. i have a 186 gig hard drive with 38 gigs free on the windows 7 side. thanksHow to change the boot OS order!??!!!?!?
Hi Trevor

I am not familiar with windows 7 and I no nothing of fedora so I am now working blind, I assume these system were installed when you got the PC, if it was I then assume that it was all working Properly until when ?,if you installed you systems just recently and it has been doing this from the first install then I would say that probably the windows7 is not compatibly with fedora I assume fedora is the dual boot software

as for the hard drive Ive work it out that you only have a 224/250 gig bite hard drive If that's right

you want dual boot partition one is what O/S partition 2 windows 7 and fedora is the control of the partitions 5.8gigs.windows 7 16/20gigs.main O/S vista ? 40gigs. miscellaneous software 46gigs = 111gigs free should be approx 113 gigs I hope I got my math right your better off with a bigger drive

I AM trying to help but right now I wished I knew a bit more. I am in a similar boat to you I have a new HP laptop with 320 GIGS HD 4 GIGS RAM with windows vista, and I bought windows 7 .I installed it and when it had finished the installing it said that it was installed ok When it rebooted , it un installed the windows 7 and put back vista so at the moment I am still on Vista, if you had to install your self have you tried to reinstall again and see how it operates .have I been of any help you need to get a bigger hard drive. PS your grama was ok

No comments:

Post a Comment