Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I want to change my vista os to xp os.. but how can i download xp drivers if my drivers are for vista?

pls answer as soon as possibleI want to change my vista os to xp os.. but how can i download xp drivers if my drivers are for vista?
Appears you you may have bought a computer with Vista that has no XP drivers whatsoever on their website for your model right? If thats the case, you don't downgrade to XP. If its new take it back and exchange it for an XP rig. Isn't an Emachine by any chance? Seems like none of them have XP drivers. I assume you have an XP OS disk and key right?I want to change my vista os to xp os.. but how can i download xp drivers if my drivers are for vista?
You can buy XP but you will have to wipe the HD because windows is not backward compatable. There is no way to go from Vista to XP. But once the HD is wiped you can load XP.
Driver for what?



If you're using drivers that came with the device (usually on a CD), most of the time it includes drivers for XP as well.



You can also download XP specific drivers from the manufacturer's website.
Two drivers are critical. You will need the SATA drivers on a floppy. You may need the network card driver to reconnect to the internet.

Go the manufacturers website, go into support, search on the model computer you have and download the XP drivers you need. These should be put on a CD.

Be aware the you will need to erase your hard drive to do this cleanly - so make sure you have a copy of everything before you start.
I've found this to be helpful and problem free.



http://www.officialdrivers.com



It will scan your system and locate the exact drivers you need to update automatically...



Hope it helps you!

No comments:

Post a Comment