Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How do I change my default OS from win 2000 Pro to Win 98?

????? dunno but if ya want me to help further contact me on gtcgarfield@yahoo.com.auHow do I change my default OS from win 2000 Pro to Win 98?
I think a better question would be, why would you want to do that?How do I change my default OS from win 2000 Pro to Win 98?
well, maybe you'd wanna do that

you just have to use windows 2000 to format the whole drive, but don't set up windows 2000 on it, just set up windows 98 on it, it should work
Open BOOT.INI file from C:\

It's like this

1: [boot loader]

2: timeout=10

3: default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition?br>
4: [operating systems]

5: multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WIND?Windows XP'; /fastdetect

6: C:\ = ';Microsoft Windows';



change line 3 to:

3: default=C:\



It's Done.
You can Right click on My computer icon and go to the Properties box. from there click on the advanced tab and go to ';start up and recovery'; Thats where u can choose which OS to make as the default.



Option 2

Is to edit the boot.ini file u can check how to do this on http://support.microsoft.com
  • do my hair and makeup
  • domain name hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment