Monday, June 6, 2011

I have installed Ubuntu, but now wish to change back to XP... How?

I changed my OS to Ubuntu 2 days ago, (I did not know about a shared partition ;/ ) and now I wish to change back to XP, or at least have it on my laptop as an alternate OS. But I think that installing Ubuntu might have altered my hard drive somehow, as now XP will not install from a disk. Any help would be much appreciated, please shed some light on how I can get XP back, thanks!I have installed Ubuntu, but now wish to change back to XP... How?
XP should still be on your laptop. try shutting down your computer then when its turning on it should go black with i think 8 selections on it then choose xp. if it doesnt try pushing f12 (while its turning on) and look for the setting that will make the selection openI have installed Ubuntu, but now wish to change back to XP... How?
ubuntu is better so don't
Put the XP disk in the drive and restart the computer. If it tells you to press any key to boot from CD, press a key. Follow the instructions. You'll have to make a new partition (use the entire drive) and format it.



Once Windows is running, you can put the Ubuntu disk back in and install Ubuntu as a dual boot (so at startup you can choose which one - Windows or Ubuntu - you want).



Use the Ubuntu forums http://ubuntuforums.org/ as a resource.
Why not give Ubuntu a decent trial, say 7 days? It's different to Windoze, true, but after a short while, like me, you will grow to realise how much better it really is. No viruses, no malware, and it runs like greased lightning. All software is free, nothing to pay for. If you don't like Ubuntu, there are plenty of other Linux distros to try, Mint is especially good for newbies fresh from Windoze.

Have a look here, http://distrowatch.com/ for news and downloads to all the Linux distros.
Hmmm you probably need to format your whole hard drive , i reccomend you use gparted , just download it and then boot from it . ten format ur HDD and try again , if that dont work download hirens boot cd and use the hdd tools on their

No comments:

Post a Comment